The goal of this project is to be a tool/companion for the original DX7. Sound engine with ‘float’ value parameters, different waveform à la TX81z would be great but anything that goes beyond the DX7 should and will be a fork of this project. This is to keep the compatibility with the original machine.
Dexed is licensed on the GPL v3. The msfa component (acronym for music synthesizer for android, see msfa in the source folder) stays on the Apache 2.0 license to able to collaborate between projects.
- Multi platform (OS X, Windows or Linux) and multi format (VST, soon AU and others that I don’t use); by using JUCE
- The sound engine music-synthesizer-for-android is closely modeled on the original DX7 characteristics
- 144 DAW automatable DX7 parameters available from one single panel
- Fully supports DX7 input and output Sysex messages; including controller change. This means that you can use this with a native DX7/TX7 as a patch editor and sysex manager
- Each operator have a realtime VU meter to know which one is active
- Can load/save any DX7/TX7 sysex programs. It is also possible to save a single program into a different sysex file.