Neutrino is a free plug-in that offers a glimpse into iZotope’s newest mixing technology. Insert Neutrino on multiple tracks across your session to reveal a subtle amount of detail that can help elevate great mixes to a new level of refinement.
Based on iZotope’s Spectral Shaping technology, Neutrino listens to your audio and provides subtle, real-time adjustments based on perceptual hearing models to reduce momentary unevenness in a signal transparently, in a way that conventional equalizers and compressors cannot. With simple controls and low-CPU usage, you can put it on every track in your session and achieve better-balanced mixes without sacrificing dynamics and sonic integrity. Best of all, it’s free to download, and easy to use.
- Clarity across the board: Ultra efficient and designed to add unprecedented balance and focus to a mix when applied to every track, conceptually similar to analog summing or console emulations.
- Four modes for tailored response: Voices have a completely different sonic character, dynamic range, and frequency response than drums, bass, and other instruments. Shouldn’t your processing take that into account?
- Voice Mode focuses processing on mid and high frequencies for adding clarity and detail that helps vocals sit on top of the mix without becoming harsh or strident.
- Instrument Mode smoothes resonant frequencies while preserving the authentic character of the instrument.
- Bass Mode is designed to attenuate notes that stick out while adding punch and weight to electric, acoustic, and synth basses.
- Drum Mode emphasizes transient detail across the spectrum while minimizing frequency build-ups that can sound “muddy” or “flabby.”
- Simple controls: Tweak just two knobs to dial in the appropriate processing amount and detail for your music.
Supported operating systems
- Windows: 7, 8, and 10
- Mac: OS X 10.9–10.11
- VST 2 (32-bit and 64-bit), VST 3 (32-bit and 64-bit), Audio Unit (32-bit and 64-bit), AAX (64-bit), RTAS (32-bit), Audiosuite DPM and AAX.
Plug-in host compatibility
- Logic Pro X.2, Ableton Live 9.5, Pro Tools 12.4, Pro Tools 11.3.1, Cubase Pro 8.5, REAPER 5.11, FL Studio 12.2, Studio One 3.1.1, Pro Tools 10.3.1.