RetroBand models several interaction aspects of gain stages and transformers...
RetroBand models several interaction aspects of gain stages and transformers. It generates IMD and crossover distortions present especially in Class A/B gain stages. RetroBand also features several forms of transient shaping.
As opposed to sterile but perfect digital sound, IMD and cross-over distortions can sound good. They are present in most vintage gear. There are three different models in RetroBand generating distortion for a good range of sound shaping. No particular piece of equipment is simulated in any of them, but the combined flexibility can generate some of the desirable aspects of great sounding gear. It could be said RetroBand is one of the missing links to analog sound in a digital audio workstation.
- Digital model of interaction between gain stages and transformers
- Three flexible distortion models with noise modulation
- Transient shaping within the distortion models
- Mid-side stereo image controls
- Advanced noise modes to imprint effects of noise on signal without the hiss and rumble
- 64-bit signal path with highly optimised algorithms