This free chorus VST enhances the stereo effect and presence of a sound by mixing it with delayed versions of itself...
The Chorus enhances the stereo effect and presence of a sound by mixing it with delayed versions of itself. It’s like your own personal choir!
- Delay knob
- The average delay for the delayed voices.
- Rate knob
- The frequency of how fast to vary the delay.
- Depth knob
- How much to vary the delay.
- Spread knob
- Stereo width of the effect. A lower value will go towards a mono output.
- The number of chorus voices.
- Mix knob
- The dry/wet mix of this effect. A lower value will let some of the unmodified signal through.
- Settings panel
- Whenever you have your mouse cursor over a snapin there is a small arrow at the top right corner (not visible in screenshot). It opens a settings panel where you handle presets.
It also has a “randomize” button that can be useful. I guess…
- Enabled checkbox
- The small checkbox to the left of the plugin name is a checkbox that bypasses the effect when disabled.
- Resize handle
- The bottom right corner of all Kilohearts plugins is a resize handle for scaling the UI to any size. This allows you to get a good view of the controls whatever the screen resolution, and also comes in handy if you need big controls, e.g. when using Chorus as a real-time effect on a touchscreen monitor during a live set. (This is not available when the snapin is used inside a snapin host.)
Get more out of Chorus!
Chorus shines on it´s own, but it was primarily created to power up the different “Snapin Hosts” Kilohearts offer. These are bigger effects units that utilize all the available snapins and give you a really fun and creative workflow for combining them in any way you can think of. So have a look at Snap Heap and Multipass right now!