Newfangled Audio – Pendulate – PC & MAC
Pendulate’s chaotic oscillator is matched with a wavefolder and low pass gate, inspired by the ideas of Don Buchla.
Introducing Pendulate, chaotic monosynth by Newfangled Audio. Pendulate uses a brand new oscillator design to produce sounds different from any other synth. It features a chaotic oscillator based on a double pendulum. What initially looks random actually contains underlying patterns of interconnectedness, constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, and self-organization. When designing the Pendulate oscillator we took great care to bring out these underlying patterns. The result is an oscillator that can smoothly fade from a sine wave to total chaos, with an expanse of territory to explore in between.
Pendulate’s chaotic oscillator is matched with a wavefolder and low pass gate, inspired by the ideas of Don Buchla. These three modules combine to make inconceivable sounds you’ve never heard and will want to hear again.
- Novel chaotic oscillator based on the double pendulum makes sounds you’ve never heard before, but will want to hear again
- Wavefolder based on the one in the Buchla 259 Complex Waveform Generator, adding MIX and CUTOFF
- Low Pass Gate based on the Buchla 292 adds controls for POLES and RESONANCE
- Innovative modulation UI allows modulation over every control from the main page, allowing up to 169 simultaneous modulation routings
- MPE support allows amazing control from innovative new controllers
- Envelope and LFO each have multiple outputs generated at once, like a modular synth should
- Modulation! Every mod output to every control means up to 221 modulation points in an intuitive single pane
- Animations! The Double Pendulum, Wavefolder, and Low Pass Gate modules each have animations to show how each module responds to your input, and to modulation
- Three unique color schemes to customize your look
- 136 Presets including artist presets from Matt Lange and Matthew Wang
100% No iLok Required!
macOS 10.9+ AAX 64-bit, AU 64-bit, VST3 64-bit, VST2 64-bit
Windows 8.1+ AAX 64-bit, VST3 64-bit, VST2 64-bit