PCM2612 Retro Decimator Unit
Meet the PCM2612 Retro Decimator Unit, a bitcrusher effect plug-in with a distinctive legacy...
Meet the PCM2612 Retro Decimator Unit, a bitcrusher effect plug-in with a distinctive legacy. Based on work done on the RYM2612 Iconic FM Synthesizer, a tribute emulation of the Sega Genesis sound chip, the 8-bit decimation is inherited from the FM synth’s PCM playback feature, packed in a simple and compact effect unit.
You can choose from box to rack graphic user interfaces. The box GUI is suited for vertical displays while the rack GUI is logically at ease with widescreens.
Modern music styles that are composed in a digital environment evolve in a paradox: powered by highly capable and transparent digital converters, they rely on effect simulations to add imperfections and get a vintage soul. Either in an analog or digital fashion, the induced sonic flaws give charm and character to a sound signal that’s otherwise too perfect or too cold.
Is digital decimation of the ’90s the new vintage? We think it is!
- 32-steps scalable 8-bit decimation
- Dry / Wet level knob
- Stereo / Mono switch
- Switchable output filtering between Legacy (modeled after the Sega Genesis Model 1 amp output circuitry) and Crystal Clear (purely digital)
- Graphical interface scaling options (1x, 1.5x, 2x)
- Switchable graphical form factor (vertical box or horizontal rack)
- Our first native Linux and Apple Silicon plug-in