Vital Audio – Vital
Give new life to wavetables by using Vital's spectral oscillator warping...
Vital is a spectral warping wavetable synthesizer.
Discover how warping the harmonic makeup of a wavetable can completely create a new set of sounds. Stretch, shift, smear and skew harmonics up, down and around the spectrum to explore new timbres and create sounds you didn’t think possible with wavetables.
See how everything works while you play in this visual synth. Vital has animated graphical displays when you need them. Everything moves in real-time so you can see what’s going on behind the scenes.Quickly design sounds with an optimized drag-and-drop modulation workflow. The modulation preview gives you an idea of what things will sound like before you drop the connection. With this, you can try modulating different destinations by dragging around the screen.
Discover new design techniques using Vital’s unique features like stereo-modulation. Stereo split an LFO to have the left channel’s modulation delayed from the right or give slight stereo time differences to an envelope to create wider stereo effects.
- High quality wavetable oscillators with frequency warping and wave warping
- Efficient unison
- Two routable voice filters with several analog and digital models, each with multiple continuous blending modes
- Audio-rate modulation so you can create clean drum transients and frequency modulate filter cutoff
- Stereo-splitable LFOs with custom and editable shapes
- Keytracked LFO settings
- Modulatable envelopes with custom curves
- Modulation remapping so you can customize the shape of every modulation
- Custom sample source
- Random modulation sources like Perlin, Lorenz Attractor, S&H and Sine Interplation, each with stereo options
- Eight routable effects including a multiband compressor, multi-mode phaser and 16 voice chorus
- MPE support
- Microtonal file support
- Oscilloscope and spectrum viewer
- Preset browser with sort, search, tag and folder organization
Warp waves in new ways
Give new life to wavetables by using Vital’s spectral oscillator warping. Spectral warping acts on a waveform’s harmonics and can create drastically different shapes and timbres from a simple source.
Customize your sound
Turn your own samples into wavetables by using Vital’s pitch-splice or vocode wavetable converter. Create wavetables from scratch using the built-in wavetable editor and even generate wavetables from text!
Vital is a visual synthesizer. See what’s happening behind the scenes with animated controls, filter responses, waveforms, smooth LFOs, oscilloscopes, spectrograms and more.
All animations run at 60 frames per second and are GPU optimized which leaves your CPU to do its real job: the audio processing.
Modulate Vital’s controls with a fast, drag and drop workflow. Vital gives you a preview of the modulation before committing so you can quickly experiment without ruining your sound.
High quality oscillators – Generate clean sounds using Vital’s oscillators that have an extremely low noise floor and have a sharp cutoff at Nyquist for almost no aliasing.
Efficient unison – There are some clever SSE optimizations to keep the oscillators easy on your CPU, so don’t be afraid to crank up the unison.
Microtonal – Vital loads .tun, .scl, and .kbd files so you can play microtonally.
MPE support – Vital fully supports MPE so use your ROLI keyboard, Linnstrument or other MPE compatible keyboard to add extra expression to your sound.
Audio-rate modulation – You can modulate many of the controls in Vital at audio-rate to create an even wider set of timbres.
Keytracked LFOs – Easily create keytracked basses with the keytracked LFO setting. Combine a keytracked LFO with the audio-rate modulation to use your LFOs as an oscillator modulation source.
Free Version Includes
- 75 presets curated by professional sound designers.
- 25 Wavetables
- Windows: 10 and higher
- MacOS: 10.12 and higher
- Ubuntu Linux 18.04 and above
- 64 bit only
- OpenGL 3 or higher